Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Playing with some Retiring Sets

 Hello!  Well I have been busy in my yard and helping with the remodel in the living room.    I also got to do a little stamping.  I had created a cute little holder with a sheet of Attic Boutique DSP and had some left over.  Thinking I didn't want to waste any of that beautiful paper, I put this together. 

Card base is Very Vanilla.  Cut a piece of  Dafodill Delight 5 1/4 by 4.  Then cut a piece of Attic Boutique dsp 5 by 3 3/4 with one of the corners cut off.  Stamp the flowers from the Bordering on Romance set with Stazon ink-Black onto a 2 1/2 by 3 piece of Very Vanilla.  I colored mine with Pool Party, Dafodill Delight, and Pear Pizzazz ink using a blender pen.  Then cut a 2 3/4 by 3 1/4 piece of Pool Party and mount your flowers on it.  Using dimentionals, place that piece onto your DSP piece.  Using Pool Party seam binding, I wrapped it around the Dafodill Delight piece, then looped a length of the seam binding several times and wrapped a brad aroung it. Then stuck it through a small hole made with a 1/8 hole punch.  Then glued that onto the Very Vanilla card base.  I hadn't thought of a sentiment to put on yet.  But it's coming.  The Bordering on Romance stamp set, and Attice Boutique DSP will be retiring April 30.  So if you like them, you better order them before the end of this month.

This is part of a set I made a while back with the 2010-202 In Color set that will be retiring on May 31.  I used several sets, Watercolor Trio from last years Mini Catalog, Lovely as a Tree and Sincere Salutations which is retiring the end of May.

Basicly, I cut a strip of the Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (pg. 186)  2 by 5 1/2 and attached it to a Whisper White card base.  Then stamped my design and sentiment with the matching color onto a piece of Whisper White cs  2 1/2 by 4.  I did adjust the CS to fit the design.  Then cut a piece of coordinating CS 1/4 " larger  to frame the design.  Wrapped a 10 length of  matching In-Color ribbon around the DSP and mounted the stamped design with dimentionals over the ribbon.   Pretty easy and lovely with everything already matched and coordinated by StampinUp!  All you add is  your choice of stamps and your creativity!  Try one out yourself and send me a picture.  I would love to see what you come up with.

Happy stamping and have a good day!

Jeannie B

No comments:

Post a Comment