Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stamping for a Friend



Hello everyone!  How's it going?  I have been a bit busy lately with football games, doctor and dentist appointments and stamping.  I have a friend whose son will soon deploy to Afganistan and I have been reading about how other demonstrators have been making cards and sending them overseas to our servicemen and women for them to use to send to their families. I wanted to do something for them, too, plus this October 6th is World Cardmaking Day and I wanted to do something special for that also.  So I decided to have this week set aside to make cards for my friend's son for him to take with him and use plus share with his fellow servicemen.  I also opened it up to my friends if they wanted to help also.  So far only two takers on the help, but we got a few cards made.  I will be making some more tomorrow and Saturday.  And maybe Sunday.  My church is having it's semi-annual conference this weekend, so I will be listening to that while I stamp. Anyway, here are the cards we have done so far.

 We copied these from a swap I got at the Tacoma Regional.  I didn't find a name on the back, so don't know if it came off or they forgot to put one on it.  It is a very simple design, but pretty and versatile.  It uses the Poppies background stamp, and the Curly Cute set.  Incolors 2011-2013 Wisteria Wonder, Cameo Coral, and Pool Party, Whisper White cs, vellum cs, Early Espresso and Soft Suede ink and corresponding incolor ribbons.  Cute aren't they.
 These three and the next ones are patterned after a demonstration we watched at Regionals.  Of course I can't remember the ladys' name, but she had some beautiful cards that went together fast.  So I copied the basic design and went from there.  My friend who came on Tuesday designed these.  We had fun working out different styles and color combinations.
These we added embossing to them.  We used the Delicate Designs folder and the new Lacy Brocade folder found in the Holiday Catalog.

They don't want much bling on the cards as the shiny stuff could be tracked by the enemy and not much bulk as that costs money to send in the mail.  So we tried to keep them simple but nice.  And include Birthday, thinking of you and some simple sayings. 
Tomorrow I will work on kids cards and Christmas.

Don't forget to check out the Treasure Hunt going on now until October 31!  Find 50 clues, report back here and get entered into a drawing for $150 of StampinUp merchandise!   WOW!  You could get a Big Shot and folders and Bigz dies for that! 
Also, StampinUp is playing Santa this month and offering their new paper-piercing pack, Festive, (found on pg 30 of the Holiday Catalog) FREE when you order one of two different bundles.  Check it out!

 Check back in a couple days and I will have some more cards for you.  Until then, have a good one!

Jeannie B

Don't forget you can shop 24/7 in your P.J.s right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment