Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tacoma Regionals

Boy, i thought that when the kids went back to school, I would have more time to stamp and post.  Hahaha! It seems like things have been busier than normal.  With 3 playing football ( 7th grade, 8th grade and high school) I am attending two or three games a week, plus getting dental and doctor visits out of the way, and trying to prepare for my new stamping classes and starting up a new business with my daughter, yeah, things are a bit busy.  Well, now that I am done whining, ( I know there are some of you out there that are thinking what's with her?  I do that all the time!!) I do have several cards to share!

 This is one of my swaps I did for Regionals.   I used the Harvest Blessings set.  I really wanted this set as my father-in-law had a tractor just like this one, and my husband rode on it so it has special memories for me.  I used crumb cake for the base, Comfort Cafe DSP for the background; the top banner is Cajin Craze with the saying stamped in Early Expresso and sponged around the piece with Early Expresso. The button is from the neutrals collection with linen  thread tied in it.  The bottom banner is the Early Expresso Coordination paper run through the Woodgrain folder in the Big Shot.  I stamped the tractor in Early expresso onto Vanilla Naturals paper  and then tore it out. I used dimensionals to adhere it to the paper.

 And we got a great surprise at Regionals!  Shellie Gardner was there!  So I got to have a picture with her!  She is so nice! And tall! Its not just the heels! Yea, I may be a bit short (5'2"), but she is taller than most women. Anyway, it was fun to meet her and talk with her for a bit.
Thought I would put in a few Halloween cards for you to check out.  There were a lot with the witches boot from the Bootiful set. They were all so cute! Both of these have the same colors, but the style is so different.  One uses the bigshot  web folder and some spritzing and the bottom one uses the Halloween Bingo Bits set and the Postage punch.  Can't remember where the web stamp is from and I don't have my book handy to look it up. Sorry.










This one uses the Toxic Treats set and the Howlstooth paper set that are in the Holiday catalog.  It also uses the Trim Big Shot die for the black ricrac.  I thought that was pretty cool. Been wondering how to use that more.

And of course, there were the Christmas cards.  Lots of pretty ones.  I really liked the one on the left as it used the cocoa cup from the holiday set I can't remember the name of right now. (It's in the Holiday catalog and comes as a bundle with framelits)  There is the cup, a gingerbread man, candy cane, and several more items.  Really cute. And I love the DSP and how they used the bakers twine and the punch. And the window framelits with the paper-piercing.



That's it for now.  If you want to make any of these great cards, you can order on-line at my website 24/7.
And don't forget to check out the Treasure Hunt!  You could win $150 of Free StampinUp! Merchandise!!
Have Fun and Hope you have a great day!

Jeannie B

No comments:

Post a Comment